If you want your team to log a certain type of Expenses by entering a number of units as opposed to a specific currency amount, you can achieve this by setting that Expense type to Unit-based. An example of a unit-based expense you might want to use would be “Mileage”, where for every mile logged by a member of your team, a certain price per mile (e.g. $0.40) would be automatically calculated and logged to the Time IQ system.
You can adjust whether or not an expense type is unit-based from the expense type’s details page.
- Go to the Expenses page in your Time IQ account
- Click the expense type you want to set as unit-based
- In the right sidebar, toggle the “Unit-based” option to “YES”
- Click the edit (pencil) icon to enter edit mode so you can adjust Unit name and price
- Enter the name of the Units (e.g. Miles)
- Enter the price amount to be calculated per unit
- Click “Save”
Was this article helpful?