If you do not have Quickbooks Payroll, it is possible to manually calculate payroll for your employees.
To Set Up Manual Payroll
1. In QuickBooks, go to Help > QuickBooks Help (or F1 on your keyboard).
2. Click the Search tab, enter “manual payroll,” and press Enter.
3. Select the topic: Calculate payroll taxes manually (without a subscription to QuickBooks Payroll).
4. Under Set your company file to use the manual payroll calculations setting, click the manual payroll calculations link.
5. Click the Set my company file to use manual calculations link.
6. Close and reopen QuickBooks.
If You Don’t Find The Payroll Features Under The Employee Menu, Check That Your Preferences Are Set For Payroll:
1. On the top menu bar, Choose Edit > Preferences.
2. Select Payroll & Employees.
3. Click on the Company Preferences tab.
4. Choose Full Payroll, and click OK.